Friday, December 21, 2007

urgent prayer request from India

When the Newsong LA film team was in India, one of our greatest blessing (besides the crazy delicious food) was the wonderful beautiful people of India and the ministry workers we became friends with there. Unfortunately, it is common that the workers of our Lord's ministry of Love is met with resistance. The Sardar family have face persecution in the form of repeated Visa denials. Here is their urgent prayer request. Please pray for them and God's ministry in India.

Dear Beloved Who Pray,

It has been an eventful season for us...Thanksgiving in India was amazing! The Truthseekers family along with 68 guests from the U.S. washed the feet of the lower caste. We gave them a moment where we could look up into their faces and express the love of Christ. We caressed the feet of those who, in some places, are not allowed to wear their shoes. Not allowed to touch a cup. Not allowed to walk a path or enter a door or study in school. This is simply by means of their birth. It is impossible to describe the evil of this system on paper. When you come, you can see it.

In the midst of the joy of the season as we celebrate the birth and life of our Saviour, we are experiencing evil of a different kind. I am including an excerpt from my last letter, so I won’t have to re explain, but just give you an update for prayer.

My Visa Battle

continues to rage. Upon our return to Indiana, it became clear that the Indian government was not going to give me a visa without much prayer and persistence. This has been a decade long battle, and we are weary. My name is on the blacklist, so it is always a complication for me to enter and exit India. I was told at my departure that I would not be able to re enter, so it cast a shadow over our entire summer. However, through much prayer and persistence, I was granted a 3 month tourist visa. We are in process of applying for an extension as we work with the home ministry department and our dedicated friend and lawyer to get my name removed. No one that we know in the history of this list has ever been removed. Also, no one has been placed on it that is married to an Indian national. Above all else, this situation needs to be bathed in prayer. The case the government has “built” against me is absolutely false. We believe it has been one of Satan’s deepest strongholds, and we also believe God has his purpose for not releasing it until now...even if we don’t understand. We also believe the spiritual climate is shifting and we are on the winning side!

Above is the history...the update is on December 18th a brief letter was delivered to me by the Home Ministry.

It said, “Your request for an extension of visa has been considered and denied. You are therefore advised to go back within the validity of your present visa, December 20, 2007.” I wrote a rebuttal letter stating the impossibility of my return by that date and the reasons why. For the last 2 days, Sunil has been meeting with high profile government officials. We had a meeting with the President’s personal secretary and others. Phone calls and inquiries have been made, but yesterday Sunil was told that I would need to buy a ticket to leave until the case is settled. We still have hope to settle it without my departure as that would be an incredible emotional trauma for our family for a myriad of reasons. Sunil says about the only people who could make a decision to reverse the order are the Home Minister or the Prime Minister. The personal secretary of Sonia Gandhi is also involved.

In the meantime, we have Christmas festivities and friends coming abroad to celebrate the New Year with us. We feel a cloud over our celebrations, but we are, as I said above, on the winning side. Whatever the outcome, God is bigger than all these authorities combined. It is in HIS Hands! However, our contribution is fervent prayer, and Friends, we are asking you to mobilize whatever prayer you can on our behalf.

We will keep you informed!

May the beauty of His presence rest with you in this season!
Pam for us

1 comment:

Peter Chung said...

Here is the latest update from Pam....

Dear Beloved Who Have Been Praying!
Just over a week ago, I asked you to pray. More people than I ever remember responded to my request. I know that hundreds if not thousands have been praying for my ongoing visa situation. Many have written back asking me the status. I haven’t written before now because every day is different, and I wanted to make sure I knew something about what direction we were taking before I let you know.

Sunil has been meeting almost daily with political officials to try and reverse the order from the government for me to leave the country. At this point, they are ready to clear my case, but not without me leaving the country. I am told if I leave, I will be able to get a normal multiple entry visa, and apply for an extended 20 year visa (similar to a green card) when I return. It seems to us sort of a way for the Indian government to clear the case, but still save face. When Sunil met with the Home Minister himself (3rd most powerful political position under the Prime Minister) yesterday, he assured Sunil that he will personally see to it that my case is cleared, but it is better for me to leave for a short time to get it done.

We have decided that Isaiah and I will go to Indiana to be with my parents. My ticket is booked for January 10 and return on the 10th of February. Hopefully, it may take only 15 days to clear the case, but maximum one month. The girls are disappointed that we have to go through this again. They still have memories of a 4 month separation (over the same issue) back when they were 7 and 9 years old. This time, we will not allow it to stretch into that. Please remember to especially lift them up during these days.

We believe this is a battle won, but the war yet to be fought. The heart behind this tragic and illogical behaviour is rooted in caste. We are trusting the Lord that I will soon be writing you with a multiple entry visa and that this will truly be the last time we need prayer for this particular issue.

As you know, we did not plan this trip and do not have the finances to pay for it. We are trusting the Lord to speak to hearts who partner with us to help us finance this unexpected trip. The cost is $3700 and donations can be sent to:

Our mission if a tax receipt is needed. Make the check out to Mission To Unreached Peoples. Please attach a post it note designating “for Pam Sardar’s travel.”
Mission To Unreached Peoples
P.O. Box 30947
Seattle, WA 98113-0947

Or if you are a church and do not require a tax receipt: make the check out to Pam Sardar
Send to:
Pam Sardar c/o Judy Nugent
10949 Golden Harvest Way
Indianapolis, IN 46229

It would help me if you send a gift to Seattle to drop me an email and let me know that you did.

Thanks for standing with us! We are so blessed and lifted up by your prayers, responses, and ongoing love and support.

Continuing to Persevere at the Feet of Jesus,
Pam for us all